Sunday, April 10, 2011

Homemade Hummus & Shoes

This was a gorgeous weekend full of fun and relaxation. I had a great day yesterday shopping with my boyfriend's mom and sister, and I bought (well, all three of us bought) these adorable wedges for only $30. I can't wait to wear these this summer 



I also found a few cute clothing items, and I really like this feminine gray dress that I found in a boutique downtown (Kreations)


Today was spent re-couping a bit from some margarita consumption followed by a few more cocktails last night. I have had this "Homemade Hummus That Changed Everything" recipe from Oh She Glows for a while, and I've been dying to make it:

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked chickpeas, liquid reserved and set aside
  • 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1/3 Cup tahini
  • 7-8 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp reserved chickpea liquid (or water)
  • 4-8 drops of Tabasco sauce (amazing), to taste
  • Olive oil, for drizzling
  • Paprika, for garnish

Directions: Place all ingredients into a food processor (except the salt) and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Now add in salt gradually, stopping to taste as you go. I find the salt preference of hummus varies a lot by the person, so be sure to adjust it to your needs. Also, if you use unsalted chickpeas, you may need more salt. Scoop into a bowl and drizzle with a good quality olive oil and garnish with paprika. Makes about 2 cups and lasts for about 4-5 days in the fridge in a sealed container.
I made the recipe almost exactly as instructed, but I decided to add roasted red bell peppers to mine (love them). This recipe was easy to make, and the results were well worth it.


That's a lot of lemon, isn't it?



The finished pureed product


And the final presentation!

I don't know that I'll ever buy hummus again. You can do SO many things with this recipe to manipulate the flavors, and all of the ingredients are relatively inexpensive (other than the Tahini, but the container will last for at least 5-6 batches). Give this one a try, you will be happy you did!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend. I'm making some baked zucchini sticks tonight, which I have had before and LOVE. If we don't devour them before I get a chance, I will take a picture and share the recipe for that as well in a later post.

Enjoy what is left of your Sunday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment