Saturday, April 30, 2011

$50 Designer Jeans & The 10 Minute Tostada

Happy Weekend! I have a couple of deals to share since I had the chance to go to my favorite deal mecca: TJ Maxx (of course)!

Today, I walked out of the store with 2 pairs of designer jeans, a fun designer sun hat and a new Giants shirt all for $130. That might sound not so good to some, but believe me, I got some excellent prices!


J Brand Straight-Leg Jeans, Heritage Wash: Retail Value $168, I paid $49.99!


Joe's Jeggings (I bought them in a lighter wash than what is pictured) Retail $100-$138, I paid $49.99 (again)! These are so comfortable, I was reminded of the "Pajama Jeans" infomercial :)


And here's my Ralph Lauren sun hat! Sorry I couldn't find a picture online. Retail Value $60, I paid $20. I'm excited to wear this over the summer and maybe even this weekend since it's going to be in the 80's!

Another summer discovery lately is that I have really been cheating myself by not wearing Bare Minerals for so long! I received my shipment from Sephora of Bare Minerals Matte, Mineral Veil & Bare Minerals Blush (in Golden Gate). I am so amazed at how much longer this stuff stays on and keeps my oiliness under control all day. I realized just how great the Mineral Veil can be as the finishing touch, and I'm probably just going to convert year-round. I love all of it and my pores love it too.


I know that I've probably made it clear that I like tasty meals that take very little effort most days of the week. This week, I broke out an old fave, Del Real Shredded Chicken and made some tasty Tostadas using these ingredients:


More of the tasty Cosmopolitan Lettuce I mentioned in my Last Post


Freshly cut cherry tomatoes, red onion & cilantro


Fresh Avocado Slices (1 per tostada)


1.5 servings (about 5 ounces) Del Real Shredded Chicken (135 Calories)

2 Guerrero Tostadas (110 Calories)


Casa Sanchez Salsa!


1 Tablespoon Fat Free Sour Cream


1 Tablespoon Litehouse Lite Salsa Ranch

The finished product looked like this (before I added the sour cream, salsa & dressing):


Me gusta mucho!

Stats (including all toppings):  340.5 Calories, 9.13g Fat, 621mg Sodium, 40g Carbs, 6.25g Fiber, 26g Protein, 7.25g Sugar

This was just what I needed after Kickboxing class to tell my body 'Thank You!!' for getting through a long day!

Have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine!




2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Have you ever substituted low fat plain yogurt for sour cream? I can't tell the difference and my boyfriend likes it too. :) Thanks for another yummy recipe! I'm sooo making it over to TJ with my next pay check! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the low fat plain yogurt switch, but I'd like to! I really like plain non-fat greek yogurt because it has a ton of protein compared to regular yogurt. If it's boyfriend approved, then I should probably give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete