Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Let's Do Something AMAZING


Well, the things that we choose to do may not always be "amazing" by all definitions, but that's all about perception anyway, right? I'm trying to view things in bolder colors and appreciate all of the time I have at my disposal these days (as you may have noticed from previous posts, or perhaps a lack of posts!). 

So, how do you do "amazing" things, you ask? Well, you take advantage of time and see the beauty in whatever it is that you decide to do.

For me, lately, it's been the little things like taking a 15 minute walk 1-2 times a day on the breaks I'm supposed to take, but usually ignore due to a heavy workload. That may seem like a small thing to do, but it really helps to clear my mind and let my eyes rest after staring at two screens and typing for entirely too long. 


While the walks are nice, I generally was neglecting the fact that MOVING is therapeutic. By moving, I mean working out. After some VERY long work weeks, and frankly putting too much of myself into my job, I was making excuses not to go to the gym or MOVE. Since the walks have started to take place, I've been much more willing to drive my tired bum to the gym to fire up the cylinders for a good hour or two. It feels good to move. It feels "amazing". :)

I've also noticed that the time I spend with my loved ones is not always time well spent. For example, while my boyfriend and I live together, we don't always DO things together. After this last weekend of family fun, kicking his ass in Rummy (twice), taking mountain walks, having nice talks and going boating together on Monday, I really felt closer to him and to us. 

I had the same feeling of closeness with my two best friends after a night of drinking wine and truly catching up last week. It's so important to have time with your friends outside of a public place, fearing judgement, or an accidental bout of emotion, over being open and honest. I love them so much and I was so thankful for having that uncensored time with them to realize again that I know them and they know me on a deeper level than few other people in this whole world. 

I found that it is easy to think that being around someone is enough, but what you do, and whether you making it "Amazing", even if it's just a perception, really makes all the difference.

As far as Meals & Steals, I've gotten some great ones lately, like a Navy Vera Wang Dress from Kohl's for $48, which was well-received when I wore it to a wedding:


I've also found a new love in Trident's Salmon Burgers from Costco (thanks to Don & Karen for the tip!). I cooked them in the oven last night, squeezed some fresh lemon juice onto them once they were cooked, and served them on an Earthgrains Thin Bun (I used a Whole Wheat larger bun for the bf) with lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado & pickles. I also served them with some cooked zucchini & low-cal coleslaw (mixed 1 Tablespoon Coleslaw Dressing from Litehouse with 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar, poured onto about 2 cups of slaw and incorporated). SO good. Even, "Amazing" perhaps. Also, and most importantly, the boyfriend approved and the meal was very healthy. Each patty has 150 calories, 20 grams of Protein & only 2-3 grams of Carbohydrates. Here's a really bad picture I took with my phone after it was almost gone:


I hope that all of you are finding ways to make life AMAZING. Feel free to talk about how you've been doing things to spice up your life lately. I'd love to hear all about it <3

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you share and write! :) I want to try that coleslaw thing. I'm not a big fan of coleslaw because it's always too heavy and creamy, but yours sounds like a lighter version!

    ReplyDelete