Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Best Summer Dinner Ever.

It's not hard to impress a girl like me on a Summer night after a long day at work. I typically yearn for a cocktail (if I'm going out to dinner) & some fresh fare after a hot day, but on this particular night, I was satisfied beyond my expectations...

Perhaps it was the company. I met up with two of my dearest, most genuine, wonderful friends at Crush and I ordered a Blueberry Vodka/Soda to warm my palate. I enjoyed some wonderful conversation, ignoring the menu in favor of a catch-up session on life. When I did take a glance at the menu, I was immediately drawn to the "Summer" Salad. Heirloom Tomatoes, Fresh Corn, Avocado, Burrata Cheese, Micro Greens & Balsamic Vinegar.... Yes please! I have had yet to try a garden fresh tomato this summer that really made me realize that it is "Tomato Season", so I was intrigued. I was first torn between this plate and a run of the mill Spring Mix salad, but opted for the Summer Salad, and boy am I happy I did!


The girls and I split the "Luca" Pizza along with our salad choices, which is equally delicious (how could it not be delicious with Chicken, Pesto & Artichoke Hearts?!), but the salad was the shining star of the meal. The corn and burrata cheese (a softer, more delicate version of mozzarella) really balanced out the acidity of the tomatoes, which were AWESOME. Avocado is naturally amazing with anything, but all of the ingredients worked together beautifully. I was in love... With a salad. It wouldn't be the first time :)

The best thing about all of this is that I can make a salad like this at home, and I'm absolutely planning on doing so. I am loving finding such inspirational Summer activities/foods/clothing all around me and applying these things to my life! Here's to a great work week and making it to the Farmer's Market for some of these ingredients ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment