Thursday, July 21, 2011

Light & Tasty Summer Garden Salad and Random Funnies

I've been doing a lot of garden salads with dinner lately, and I've really mastered what is probably my favorite salad ever, with ultimate credit going to a dressing mix I've created...

The salad itself is pretty basic:

6-8 Green Leaf Lettuce Leaves (or Romaine)
1/2 Medium Heirloom Tomato
1/8 of a Large Red Onion
1/4 of a Medium Avocado
1 Light String Cheese, cut into small chunks
3 Slices Light Salami, cut into small strips

Basically, I chop all of the veggies & cheese, and I slice the salami and microwave it for 30 seconds until crispy.

Then, the best part happens!

Dressing:

1 1/2 Tablespoons Trader Joe's (or Annie's) Goddess Dressing
1 1/2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar

Mix equal parts of the two above ingredients together and you get a ton of dressing without all of the calories. The Goddess dressing that I have is 120 calories for 2 Tablespoons. The mixture above is a generous amount to dress the entire salad and serves 2 people.

Sorry I don't have a pretty picture. I always eat the salad too fast to take photo ops. Yum, yum, yum! You know it's good when your non-veggie fan BF says, "Nice salad, Babe!"

Another thing I wanted to do today was share some things that make me smile, even when I'm having a crummy day:

Dogs giving high fives


Babies wearing sunglasses


Going shopping after an 11 Hour Work Day and finding $140 Designer Capris for $50 (pardon the poor imagery)




Going to Group Pilates 3 times, memorizing the moves, and being able to do it at home! BUT, still knowing I will never be able to do this:


And last, but certainly not least, this video (Bryce and I spent about an hour one night watching Baby dancing videos and came across this gem) - 



I like to keep in light with my salads and my mood during the Summer Time :)

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. A few things...

    1. There's nothing like a fresh salad on a hot summer day!

    2. Those capris look fab on you!

    3. I was hysterically laughing at that dancing baby, thank you so much for sharing!

    Have a fabulous weekend, Lindsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks Rose!

    The baby gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete