Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pistachio Protein Shake

I do realize that I have posted 3 blended drink recipes in the last week, but 1. I bought a new blender at Costco and it actually blends ice, so my world is changed and 2. I made this shake tonight and I decided that it's probably going to be my dessert every night for the rest of my life. It would be a travesty if I didn't share it with you.


I love Pistachio ice cream with every fiber of my being. It was my go-to as a child. I don't even know if they make it anymore, but I do know that this tastes EXACTLY like it and it's healthy!


Without further build-up, I present to you the...


Pistachio Protein Shake

  • 1/4 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese (I used Fiber One)
  • 1/4 Scoop Pro5 Vanilla Protein Powder (one scoop has 145 calories and 32g Protein, so 1/4 was plenty for me. Use more if you have a lower cal/protein powder)
  • 1 packet Stevia
  • 1 cup Ice
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Pistachio Pudding Mix
Directions

1. Add cottage cheese, protein powder, ice, water and pudding mix to your blender

(You can alter the ice/water amounts depending on your desired thickness)

2. Use the pulse function on your blender to break up the ice cubes

3. Use the blend function for about a minute until the shake is free of ice clumps

4. Pour into a glass and enjoy!


General Nutrition Information:

Calories 106, Fat 1.25g, Carbs 10.5g, Protein 13g


Holy amazingness. I am stoked to try this same recipe with every other Sugar Free pudding flavor ever created. I already purchased the Cheesecake flavor which I will probably add frozen strawberries to... Wake me up if I'm dreaming!

If you think the cottage cheese part is weird, don't. It adds a lot of protein/calcium and it blends up with the drink so you don't even realize it's there. Plus, it acts as a thickener for a real shake-like texture. Trust me on this one.

In general, I love this blended bev eternally. I might add more ice/water to it next time since it was pretty sweet/rich, but I highly recommend this as a dessert or snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment