Friday, May 6, 2011

Blueberry Lemonade Goodness

With how warm it has been, I've been finding that wine has been frequently sounding a bit too heavy for my preference. Don't get me wrong, I haven't stopped drinking my red wine or anything, but I have been needing something more light and refreshing to change things up.

I've been a devotee to the Blueberry Vodka/Soda Water (Blueberry Press) for quite some time, but usually only when I'm out for dinner or drinks. I have used the drink as my go-to for a long while, and I'm a little sick of it, so I wanted to make something similar but with a little twist. I decided to create the Blueberry Vodka Lemonade last weekend.

Ingredients:

4-5 Fresh Blueberries
1/2 Tablespoon Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves
1 Packet Crystal Light Lemonade
1 Shot Blueberry Vodka
8 oz. Diet Tonic Water
1 Wedge of Lemon

I first added the blueberries, strawberry preserves & packet of lemonade to my glass along with a decent splash of water. I mulled the ingredients together to form a base:


Next, I added the shot of Blueberry Vodka and filled the glass about 3/4 full with the Diet Tonic Water. Lastly, I squeezed my wedge of Lemon into the glass and added ice until full.


This was pretty tasty. Next time, I think I'll do without the Strawberry preserves, but they did add some additional flavor.

This drink had 105 Calories. If you wanted to make it a double, the drink would be 195 Calories and you could nurse it for quite a while.

During the work-week, I found myself generally wanting the same flavor minus the alcohol, so I used my newly purchased Ocean Spray Blueberry Lemonade Packets mixed with Diet Tonic Water.




I decided to add a lemon wedge again (squeezing the juice into the glass) and I came out with this beauty:


Uh, Yum. Seriously, I think this is probably my favorite drink in the world right now. 

This only has 10 Calories and is super refreshing on a hot day.

I am planning to try adding a shot of the Blueberry Vodka to this drink next. Hopefully it won't be too Blueberry-y. I'm not worried about it :) That particular cocktail would come out to an even 100 calories.

Mixing Diet Tonic Water with any Crystal Light type of packet is very delicious and tart. I like some extra fizz to my drinks, so I personally enjoy it very much!

I am also hoping to try some Crystal Light Lemonade with Lime Juice and Tequila sometime soon. I'll let you know how it goes! If you have any recipes for tasty lower-calorie cocktails, please feel free to share. I love getting tips from others.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment